Regina Car-Share Cooperative
This is a half-time position for one year with the possibility of extension in a quarter-time role. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Job Description: The Project Coordinator reports to the Regina Car-Share Cooperative (RCSC) Board of Directors to create, market and operate Regina's first Car-Sharing service.
• Create a co-operative ownership structure for RCSC.
• Oversee the design of an on-line booking system for RCSC.
• Research insurance options for multi-person vehicle ownership.
• Negotiate insurance structure for multi-person vehicle ownership with SGI.
• Research and propose the appropriate vehicle types suitable for RCSC.
• Negotiate ownership options for the RCSC vehicles.
• Secure parking spaces for the vehicles.
• Research and design a fee structure for vehicle use keeping in mind the need for each vehicle to pay for all of its associated costs through user fees, and the need for the RCSC to provide an affordable transportation option to users.
• Market the RCSC to potential members, including residential members and potential business members such as the City of Regina or the University of Regina.
• Network with community groups and businesses to establish new partnerships.
• Network with other car co-operatives across Canada and North America.
• Coordinate communications with media.
• Write grants for funding opportunities.
• Coordinate vehicle maintenance.
• Create business plan, schedule and budget.
• And other stuff as it comes up.
• Excellent relationship-building skills; including the ability to win over the hearts of potential users and partners
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Experience starting and running a business
• Experience in volunteer recruitment and supervision
• Knowledge of cars an asset, but not a requirement
• Knowledge of budgeting, economics and finance
• Computer skills and ability to work fluently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher), Internet and Email
• Knowledge of or interest in learning how to update a website (experience an asset but not required)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Superior time and project management skills; able to work under changing circumstances within deadlines
• An overwhelming desire to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and see fewer vehicles on our roads!
• Access to a computer
• Desire to work from home
• Valid Class 5 license
Deadline for applications is November 1, 2007
Send resume and cover letter (in .doc or .rtf format) by email to: Regina Car Share Cooperative at email@example.com with "project coordinator" in the subject line.